Saturday, December 15, 2012

12/14/12

In regards to yesterday's tragedy, I am wanting to dedicate a post about it.  I'm wanting to start off with saying I cannot believe the events that took place yesterday.  It's cruel, it's madness and just horrible.  There was murder, sadness, and worst of all, it happened to 20 innocent young children.  I know I'm stating the obvious, but it's what happened.   There's no other "name" for it.  It's sick.  I've been grieving, and I'm sure a lot of my friends have too.  No one deserved it; not even the person who shot everyone.  He's dead now; so there's no more danger from him, but don't you think we live in a messed up world?

We live in a free country, and people like this make it no better than others who aren't free.  We used to have a good name, and it's soiled by people who don't give a care about what happens.  I get that we have to evolve from what the pilgrims were obviously, but it's become a society that's contradicting itself with so many things.  We used to be a good country, but the changes that have been made recently, and the changes that are being made currently, is too much.

One thing I've learned is that people are afraid to stand up and say something.  Because of the world we live in today, you get beaten for telling your honest opinion in some cases.  You get bullied, but if you think about it, people are just being honest.  It's the thing that you're supposed to do; but people don't want to hear the truth.  The truth hurts, but it's what we have to live with.  Don't be afraid to stand up for what you believe in.

Some people think that this world is too messed up to be saved, but is that really the case, or do people not want to save it?  Doing *anything* little, such as volunteering at a shelter, giving food to starving kids, or even being a mentor, is making the world better.  There are a lot of people who want to make this world better; they just don't know how.  And, like I said, they're afraid to speak up.

If anyone in Connecticut is reading this (although, I doubt it), I want to say to not give up hope.  This is horrible what happened, and it's okay to grieve.  After we've grieved, we need to make real changes that will prevent this from happening again.  Banning guns isn't the answer, making this world better is the answer.  Speak up for what you believe, do little things that make this world better; if everyone did the same thing, we'd be on the road to recovery.  That's exactly what I'm going to do.

December

No comments:

Post a Comment