Friday, October 5, 2012

Words can hurt

OK, I'm going to admit I've had a pretty stupid week, and it doesn't help at all about the suicidal thoughts. "A tongue has no bones, but it can break a heart" - Exactly what has happened this week. I'm wondering tonight how many people have gotten called names. And how many people who have called others names. There are soooooooooooo many mean people in the world, and this week, it's been a racist world. How many of you guys are from a different country, and have gotten badmouthed for coming from a different country? It's not pleasant, that's for sure, and I don't think it's easy to get over it. One of my favorite quotes/poems:

Sticks and stones may break my bones
But words can also hurt me.
Stones and sticks break only skin,
While words are ghosts that haunt me.

Slant and curved the word-swords
Fall to pierce and stick inside me.
Bats and bricks may ache through bones
But words can mortify me.

Pain from words has left its scar
On mind and heart that’s tender
Cuts and bruises now have healed
It’s words that I remember.

If anyone's said bad things to another person, please know that it makes nothing better for anyone. Know that you can't take back what you said, and, it could mean the difference between life, and a fatal accident. It also means you're hurting inside, and while being mean feels like a fix for your problems, it will make others feel bad and won't fix anything. Think before you speak.

Life's been pretty much depressing, and I'm pretty sure it'll get better, but until then, I'm just going to have to wait it out. I hope you all can, too. Best of luck,

December (June)

No comments:

Post a Comment